Monday, November 12, 2007

A long overdue update...

Hello blog buddies!! I am feeling better finally, the cough still lingers, but I can breathe again. NO steroids, I ended up just waiting it out since we are poor folks and no insurance and, well, let me stop here before I go on a political health care rant :) ... I think I have the beginnings of an ear infection, but it just feels funny at the moment, so we will see...

I haven't blogged because I am frantically searching for a job. My Hunny is a mechanic and works on commission, so no business=no money and right now, there is no business. I was already sort of looking for a first shift position because I was bored, but now, I need anything. I'd rather not work second shift and every weekend, but you do what you have to do sometimes.

I am excited about working again (I haven't since Boo started school). I will be able to interact with new people, and I won't be bored all the time and tempted to eat all day long. The problem is finding a job in the horrible market here. All of my skills are retail, and when people don't shop...they don't hire. I was hoping that I could find something seasonal since Christmas is coming up, but no such luck yet...

I am also worried about being able to do it physically. I can lift stuff for customers and all that, I mean, I don't have any injuries or anything(knock on wood), but it's been a long time since I stood on my feet for eight hours a day... I'm not sure my back can take it. Yet another reason I need to get my weight down.

I still don't have a scale (poor folks and all) but my eating habits are fair at best. I still try and stay away from refined sugar, but I am not watching my portions, and I have been talking myself into treats WAY too often.

I have to replace the sylinoid (sp) on my car... Grrrr. This is just plain irritating. They say that the cobbler's kids have no shoes...well...The mechanics woman has a crappy car, lol.

BTW. Hunny and I are finally, after almost 5 years, officially engaged!!! I adore my ring, and hopefully I can get BFF to help me take a pic to post here. We are planning on having a long engagement, probably a year or so. No hurry.

Speaking of weddings... I still haven't found a bolero jacket in chocolate to wear with my dress for the BFF's wedding... We have been planning like crazy.. meeting with her coordinator all the time... it's getting close and she is getting nervous, but it will be fine, they are meant to be!

I wish I had time for more, but I have dishes calling my name.

Thanks for reading,
Bean

7 comments:

Twix said...

That's interesting to note about your ear. My long cold ended the same way. With an earache. I wonder if something new is going around. It seems I have talked to quite a few people that have had the same thing and ended with an earache. Weird. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Good luck with getting a job!

I don't have a scale either. Same problem, lol.

Congratulations on the engagement. Good luck with BFF's wedding.

Hate dishes, lol....

Get to feeling better soon and have a great week!! :D

Bean said...

That is odd...Did yours just ache and then go away or did you have to go to the doc? Trying to avoid it if i can until my checkup, money is tight and I pay out of pocket.

Diana Swallow said...

We are uninsured too and it scares me. I've had horrible chest and ear infections the past two years that required several doctors visits and prescriptions...if I get hit this year not sure what I'll do with no medical coverage. We are both unemployed at the moment and like you, my weight is holding me back from finding a job. I've applied several place too. One of the things that has been saving me is selling things on ebay, you should give it a try.

My hubby may be getting a job offer in the next few days, we are waiting on the company to approve him.

I never blog about any of this because its too depressing. I'm sorry you are going through the same things. We will get through it!

{{{HUGGERONIES}}}

Twix said...

No insurance for the adults here either. Mine ached for about 5 days and I went deaf in that ear for a good 2 weeks. The other one started to ache but went away quickly. I am just now starting to hear things correctly again. I don't why but it also affected my speech. I was slurring words and stuttering. That's a weird thing for me. Atleast most of it has cleared up now. It is weird that I know of so many that have had this same thing and progress the same exact way. Government conspiracy, lol...
Get to feeling better soon! (((hugs)))

Honi said...

congrats on the engagement.. good luck finding the jacket...

And your attitude about working is excellent.. I hope u find something soon and love it...

Chubby Chick said...

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering how you've been doing!

And congrats on the engagement! I can't wait to see pics of the ring!

Good luck with the job situation. I'm sure everything will work out. :)

Ann(ie) said...

Congratulations sweetheart. That's great news. Good luck on the job hunt!