Friday, August 31, 2007

Tired of bitching....sort of.

I am done. Done wallowing in this nastiness. And I can prove it too. I pulled out the stationary bike, set it up in the living room, and did 15:10 minutes today. I probably could have done 20 if my ass hadn't been as sore as the day I thought I could sass my Nanny in front of my Papa when I was 6 years old. That thing might have a maximum capacity of 350lbs (I didn't break it, so they underestimated the number) but that seat was not made for a person with an ample....well, seat.

I know I could walk, but I can't bring myself to walk here in my neighborhood, or anywhere else in public for that matter. Call me vain, whatever. I did find a church here in town with a walking track in their gym/family center. I emailed the lady to ask about a walking club they have there. Hopefully I can participate without being sucked into the cult that is the southern methodist church congregation.

Now, before I get trashed for not believing, I do believe. I am a very spiritual person, But, IMHO spirituality and religion are not one and the same.

I can't really do a lot about the food situation as we are digging out of a financial hole and at the moment we are B-R-O-K-E. But one step at a time. Here I go.

BTW, Anyone know a good website to show good form with free weights? I have some 3 lb (shush, I'm a sissy) dumbbells, but I'm afraid I'll do something wrong since I've never done weights before. I'm hoping at least to tone up my upper arms for a wedding in December in which I am the Maid of Honor(more on this problem later).

Thanks for reading
Bean

2 comments:

Lori G. said...

Well done Bean!

I have had the same problem with cycling when I first started. Your rear end gets used to it after a while. I read somewhere that you can buy some sort of a cushion for bikes at Target but I hadn't tried it.

I don't think I would trash you for not believing. Do what you feel comfortable in doing.

One thing about being broke is you can't go and eat out or buy extraneous things. (And I get paid once a month so I understand.) You hit on the one key thing. One step at a time.

You might go to prevention dot com and look at some exercises/weight toning. Oh, wait, better yet, is realage.com -- they have a link to You on a Diet -- what's cool is that there are exercise sheets there for people with access to a gym and an exercise sheet for people WITHOUT access to a gym. The home exercises are very doable. When you get bored with the 3 pound weights, you can use ordinary household things that weigh more later on!

Yay, Bean!
You're doing great!

Chubby Chick said...

Congrats on the cycling! Good for you! That is definitely a step in the right direction!

And it's great that you're checking into the walking club at that church! That sounds like it would be great. I know exactly how you feel about walking where alot of people can see you. I have trouble with that, too. There's a great path that I COULD walk on every freaking day, but it is right next to a road...and I simply cannot bear the thought of passers-by seeing my fat butt waddle as they drive by! lol I keep telling myself that once I'm under 300 I will do it.

Hang in there, girl! Keep up the good work! :)