Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Wow! What a weekend.

I'm back, alive and well. I haven't fallen in a pit and I didn't get kidnapped and taken to a tropical island where no whining children were allowed and the men did all the housework and... wait nvm, that was a dream I had. Back to reality... :(

This weekend was insane! I'm so glad we are back to normal now. I haven't posted since Friday, so I'll give you the day by day.

FRIDAY: Well, I got an email back from the lady at the church. Unfortunately their walking group doesn't meet anymore, but I am more than welcome to walk anytime they are open which is from 7am - 9pm Monday to Friday!! WOOT! I'm excited. I plan to go next week sometime and meet with her so she can show me around. I still haven't done the weights. I think maybe I should try to find a video at the library just to show me the right form. Maybe I'm just scared of them...hmmmm.

SATURDAY: Well. Saturday was a pretty good day, except for the pizza for dinner and only 10 mins on the bike. My BFF and I went out looking for a florist for her wedding. Well, we found this little bridal shop hidden away and BAM! she found THE dress. It's perfect for her and fit her perfectly. She doesn't even need any alterations, and thats a huge deal since she's almost 6 foot tall (although she'd say she's 5'11" and a half) After that her sister called (who is being a total witch and having her 'surprise at the last minute' wedding in November) and we had to go out to David's Bridal for her to try on dresses. This gets way complicated, because I really don't care for the sister all that much, and she was a TOTAL BITCH! Anyway, we stopped for pizza :( and that was dinner and I was so damned tired by the time I got home that all I could handle was 10 mins on the bike.

SUNDAY: Can I just say that living in Georgia during a drought and having well water TOTALLY SUCKS! I spent four and a half hours at the laundromat Sunday. Not to mention the time at home putting it away (which still isn't finished). After I got out of there, I had to drive my mom to the hospital for her sleep study. She has sleep apnea and they were fitting her for a C-Pap machine. I did my 15 mins, but I was damn well not happy about it.

MONDAY: Well the thing about Monday was that I had to get up at 4am to pick up my mom at 5am. Getting up at 4am any day is a bummer, but Lobar Day :(( I came home and went right back to bed and my sweet wonderful Hunny let me sleep until like 10 am. I went to the grocery store and then we watched some movies with the boys, returned some to Blockbuster, and did pretty much nothing all day. I didn't even look at the bike. Getting up at 4am was exercise enough, lol.

TODAY: Well I ate stuff that wasn't brown today. I know that sounds odd, but for me it is an accomplishment. The only thing I had today that was brown was the whole wheat bread I bought at the store. I'm not doing anything specific, just trying to cut the sugar and white flour. It's what I'm supposed to be doing anyway for the diabetes. I'm going to do my 15 on the bike as soon as I get off here. I meant to get it done earlier, but I forgot Boo (my nic for the 7 year old) had baseball practice.

All in all I guess I didn't do too bad for a very hectic holiday weekend.

Thanks for reading
Bean

3 comments:

Lori G. said...

Hey girl! It sounds like a busy weekend but a productive one (at least for the BFF and the wedding dress).

Go over to www.elasticwaist.com and read the interview with the exercise guy. You're already doing what he suggested - just working out a little bit and making it a part of your life. I don't like going to the gym and doing it. If I could get away with it, I wouldn't. But this is life. It gets better. Give yourself a gold star (literally) on your calendar every time you do something like ride the bike. Even if it's just for two minutes.

Go, Bean, Go!

Lori G. said...

ps I have pizza two days in a row last week. So there! :P

Chubby Chick said...

Hi, Bean. Thank you SO MUCH for the comment that you left on my blog yesterday! I really appreciate your input. Seeing everybody else's perspective on the issue really helped me alot. Thanks again! :)

Cool that you'll have the church track to yourself!!! I would LOVE that!