Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Confessions...

Ok, so it's way early for me to be posting for the day I know, but I have some crap to fess up too. Last night I made spaghetti for dinner. No, I don't know what I was thinking. Well, that's a lie, I was thinking, it's late and I'm tired and this will be fast and the Hunny and Boo love it and I'll be fine....HA! I thought I could tackle regular pasta. Of course, I couldn't. I had way too much at dinner, and, to top it all off, at midnight last night, I ate Boo's leftovers that were in the fridge along with two pieces of WHITE bread, with butter :( Oh, and about 4 cookies, and a Jell-o pudding cup. See, there is a reason why white bread and regular pasta are the enemy. Thank God we were out of milk, cause that would've been a disaster.

I know part of the problem is that the stuff is in the house, but I am cheap, and I can't throw it out. I'm not buying anymore of it, we are switching to whole wheat pasta, but I can NOT waste it. Not with money as tight as it is. What I should've done was made them spaghetti, and only enough for them, no leftovers, and grilled myself some chicken and veggies.

Now, my midnight foray was a normal part of life before I started this blog(you didn't think I hit 350lbs by eating normally did you?). But, I haven't done it since I've started, till last night. I slept crappy, I had gotten used to sleeping without food in my tummy. It's amazing how much better you sleep when your body isn't trying to process junk. I added up my total calories for yesterday after my binge last night....3021. I want to cry. I've been doing so well, even with obstacles. It just makes me sad. I'll post more later. I have a feeling today is gonna be a doozy.


Thanks for reading
Bean

7 comments:

Twix said...

((Bean))

Helps you up and wipes off the spaghetti stains. It's goin' to be ok. Really. Please know it's going to be ok. You don't have to stay here in guilt land. Now let's move forward! A better food day today! :D

Diana Swallow said...

{{{{Bean}}}}
This is about changing your life forever, not for being on a diet for short term. You are making the transition to only whole wheat pasta and thats a great thing. But the whole thing is a process. Soon your house will be free from all of the old foods and you will promise you will only stock healthy foods not just for your benefit but for your whole family. You are right, you didn't get to be 350 pounds and I didn't get to be 425 pounds by eating normally but we can make new habits to replace the olds ones, we can make better choices to replace the old ones...its going to take time to form new habits but owning up to it is half the battle and you should be proud of posting this. You can let go now and move on.
HUGS!!!!!!

Chubby Chick said...

Awww... don't beat yourself up! We all fall off the wagon from time to time. Just scramble back on ASAP! hehe

None of us are perfect, girlfriend. You are doing great so far... and this is just a bump in the road. :)

Jennette Fulda said...

Yeah, we all screw up from time to time. Pick yourself up and get back to it and you'll do fine.

And I totally relate to that guilt about throwing out food. I recently threw out half a tub of honey and debated about if for at least an hour. But seriously, the amount you waste on tossed food you will save in future medical costs.

Lori G. said...

Add me to the list of people who screw up. You just have to pick yourself up and start with the next meal.

I hate throwing food away too, but you know, Pasta Queen's right. You will save money in the long run. Your kids are at an age when you can change their eating habits. You might go to the USDA.gov site and get some ideas for some low cost meals.

At my Harris-Teeter grocery store, I found a new product called Ronzoni that has extra fiber in it. I haven't tried it yet (to be honest, I love pasta too).

Remember, you're changing how you eat and it takes some time and planning and getting used to it. We will have days when we eat things that we regret but that's part of life. You've learned something from this BUT you can't beat yourself up. It's not allowed. You are only human.


**HUGS**

MB said...

I've been there. I know exactly how you feel. Just remember it was one meal and not an excuse to keep eating poorly. We're in it for the long haul and we're going to screw up and that is just life. Crazy how in our minds we know we'll feel better when we eat better but still want to eat the crap.

I could live off pasta but try to just have it once in a while now and only make a small portion.

Good luck.

Ann(ie) said...

oh lordy. I've been there too many times to count. Baby steps, girl. Baby steps. We are ALL cheering you on. xo.