Thursday, September 6, 2007

Doin' the Happy Dance!

I rock. I'm not being a smart ass or anything, but I do. I worked out TWICE today. I did 15 mins on the bike this morning and 20 mins this evening. My plan is to start walking at the church during the day, and then keep doing the bike at night at home. This way I'm doing more than one thing and hopefully I won't get bored so easily. I had a decent food day too. I really want to try to do a program of some kind, but I'm not sure what with my health issues, so right now I'm just trying to be aware of what and how much I eat. Now that I've established my awesomeness....

I really need to get a scale. I don't want to, but I know I need to. They're hard to find and expensive, but it is a tool that I am going to need fairly soon. Anyone know where to look for one that goes over 350lbs?

The bridesmaid dress...... O . M . F . G . do I NOT want to go through this. I am her Maid of Honor, so I get to be front and center next to her. She is beautiful. Right at 6 ft tall (although she'd deny it), and a size 18/20. That sounds big to some, but it suits her height. Of course she thinks she's huge, but...I guess we all do in some way or another. Anyway. The last time I bought a dress was a few months ago for a court appearance (as a witness, not for me, lol), and I had to go to Fashion Bug and get a ......omg I can't bear to type it.... 30/32. .....Now, (pause to freak out and debate not telling ya'll the size) O.K. freak out over. If you've ever been shopping for a formal dress you know my apprehension. Even at David's Bridal the highest size they carry is a 28 and good freakin' luck finding one in the store....Oh, but we can order it for you.. Let's measure you.....w wh wha WHAT??? O.K. skinny sales lady... come near me with that tape measure and D.I.E.!!!

I've found a few (very few) dresses online, but she already has one of the other girls dress paid for and we are supposed to match the color. It's not like I can actually see the color online. You never know till you actually see it. I love her dearly, and I am excited about every other aspect of being her MOH, but this dress issue is killing me. She is very considerate of my weight and she tries her best to help me, but I just wish it wasn't an issue. It takes away from me being able to give her 110%. I have till December, so hopefully we'll be able to find a dress close enough to fitting me and have it altered....OMG visions of measuring tape wielded by Paris Hilton look alike coming my way.... H E L P ......


Thanks for reading
Bean

4 comments:

Lori G. said...

Bean, great job on the cycling. I know what you mean about being bored. I think I'm a bit bored with my stuff and it's hard for me to get the bare (and I mean bare) minimum.

The MOH dress. Your friend does not sound at all like a Bridezilla so maybe she would be okay if you are not matchy-matchy as far as the color is concerned. Or, maybe someone can make a dress for you?

(I just asked my maid of honor to just find a tea-length flowery dress and I was cool. I don't think I even saw it until maybe a week or two.)

BTW, everyone will be looking at the bride and groom. So don't sweat how you look -- just be confident and proud that you're her friend.

Chubby Chick said...

Hey, Bean. Congrats on all the awesome exercise that you got in! That is quite an accomplishment! Keep up the good work, girl!

Hmmm... you need a bridesmaid's dress? Did you ever go to www.zaftique.com? They have VERY pretty dresses. They're a little expensive, but the quality of their clothing is outstanding. They have pretty, youthful styles in tons of colors. I actually need to find a "step-mother-of-the-bride" dress for this November, and I'm going to check out Zaftique. I really need to find one soon, but I'm hoping to lose a bit more weight in the next few weeks and then get a dress.

I got a scale from Sears that weighs higher than 350. You might want to look there.

Hope you're having a great day! :)

Chubby Chick said...

Just me again. lol I wanted to tell you that you can find the Garfield at www.photobucket.com. They have all kinds of cool graphics there. You just have to register. :)

Twix said...

Congrats on the exercise!! Don't worry about the dress. Easier said than done I know! It was just not to long back I was in a size 32/34. Bleh! Keep up your hard work! You will get there! I know you can!! :D