Thursday, September 13, 2007

Things to Remember.

I just posted these things in a comment on a fellow bloggers blog. The more I think about them, the more I think I need to post them here to, so here is basically what I have been doing. I've made several small commitments to myself.

1. I will get on that darn bike for at least 10 minutes EVERY DAY!

2. If I don't, I will come to my blog and be honest about it.

3. I will pay attention to EVERYTHING that I put in my mouth. Denial is a lot of what helped me get this heavy.

4. I will try to remember that I am doing this for myself, not to myself.


BTW, I found out today, after taking the time to learn how to cut them up, that I detest mango. I was looking forward to it, since I'd heard it was great. It wasn't. I took two bites and decided on a banana instead. Oh well, I suppose that's going to happen the more I try new things. Speaking of...does anyone know how to get the grilled zucchini to not be so watery and mushy in the middle? I'd like to get it crispier if possible. I love the flavor, but I'm not crazy about the texture. Too mushy, and I don't do mush.

Thanks for reading
Bean

4 comments:

MB said...

I just saw that your fellow blogger was me. :) Thanks for being so supportive. I'm hoping the positive people out here in blogsphere will help all of us achieve our goals. I realize we need to be smart about all those daily decisions: eat right or eat crap; watch tv or exercise; be good to yourself or make yourself miserable. I also realize I can't always make the right decisions each and every day but that is ok and not an excuse to give up. I'm looking forward to seeing us all happy, healthy and fit *sigh* someday.

Lori G. said...

Your goals are very good. Just remember not to beat yourself up if you have a bad day or if it's less than optimal. Remember, progress, not perfection.

Were your mangos ripe enough? I've never tried it so I can't tell you anything about it. But you tried it! (I haven't tried a mango yet.)

The zucchini -- if it was a big zucchini, it might too big. You want little ones. Some things are going to be mushy at times (my mother asked if you can freeze cantaloupe--I don't think so!).

There's a neat trick, you can go to google and type in whatever vegetable you have along with whatever else is in your pantry and add the word recipe. You might find some interesting ideas.

I hope Friday's good for you!

Chubby Chick said...

Your 4 goals sound great. I KNOW you can do them! Good for you!

I don't like mangoes, either. It's more of a texture thing than a taste thing. I just don't like eating fibrous fruit. The texture totally gags me. lol

Diana Swallow said...

I think number four is the one that hit home to for me. This is my life, this is my body. I'm doing this for myself, not to myself. I really needed to hear those word today! Thanks from another fellow blogger.