Friday, September 14, 2007

Wedding Planning Extravaganza .... Day one.

O.K. I don't really have time for a full post, but I want to at least let ya'll know I did do 20 mins on the bike and my food was so-so. The BFF and I ate lunch out today, which I haven't done at all since I started this weight loss thing. What really scared me was that before we went out, she stopped at McDonald's to get The Groom lunch and took it to him at work. I've never been so scared of a french fry in my life. I literally had palpitations I was so freaked out, but it was fine. We went to a barbecue place that is WONDERFUL. I ordered two veggie sides instead of the potatoes, fries, or mac-n-cheese. They have kick ass green beans. I took it easy on the sauce, which is easy because the smokiness of the pork was wonderful all on it's own, and they had Splenda on the table, so I ordered unsweetened tea. And yes I ate the cornbread, but I barely touched the corn on the cob, so there.

About once a month I go and play bingo with my mom. It's nice to have her all to myself. Anyone who has kids of their own knows what I'm talking about. All of a sudden everything is about the grandkids, lol. This is my mom time, which I know at 27 yrs. old sounds really pathetic, but she's MY MOM, lol. Anyhow, I went tonight and won 50 bucks. WOOT!

Tomorrow Boo has his first fall baseball game, unless it keeps raining. Then I get to go find a bridesmaid dress...... oh joy of joys. Myself, The BFF, the BFF's daughter,The Bitchy - I want my wedding first- sister, and the two other bridesmaids are headed to J C Penny Outlet. They are discontinuing carrying bridal stuff, so they have every bridesmaid dress on clearance. Speaking of weddings, The BFF and I got TONS of stuff done today. We confirmed on the flowers, and her colors are set now. She is in a Champagne (they say it's oyster, but they're insane) dress, I am in chocolate with a champagne sash, the bitchy whiny sister is in burgundy with a chocolate sash, and the other two are in just burgundy. Then the Jr. bridesmaid will match me and the flower girl will match The BFF.

The Hunny will be stuck here with both boys tomorrow. Bud - just a nic for the 10 yr old, no we did NOT name the poor kid Bud - is grounded for getting in trouble at school last week. No video games, no TV. Basically, if it takes batteries or has a plug, he can't do it. I really thought Boo would take the opportunity to rub it in , but he hasn't. I'm proud. O.K. I'm still icky from the bike, so I'm gonna go get my nasty butt in the shower and hit the sack.

Thanks for reading
Bean

4 comments:

Lori G. said...

What a great job you did in handling food at the bbq and not reaching in the bag for a french fry. I'm so proud of you. I know that it wasn't easy but you sound like you see it wasn't so hard either. Just a change.

And good job with the bike. I'm off to the gym myself. I hope you survive the Bride and Zilla Sister.

Chubby Chick said...

Good for you for making such great choices at the restaurant! That's not always easy... but you did it! Congrats!

Chubby Chick said...

Oh... I LOVE the Garfields!

Diana Swallow said...

Great restaurant choices! I know how the smell of the fries can make my head spin as the body snatchers take over and place an order for me...so glad you were able to fight them off. Your dress sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures.

YAY for winning $50! My Mom made me go to bingo with her once and I won $50, by the time I paid her back the money she paid for me to get into bingo and took her out to dinner with my winnings, the $50 was gone and it took another $20 from my wallet with it...enjoy your time with your Mom as much as you can.