Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekends are my downfall....

Ok. My last post was on Friday, so now I get to play catch-up.



Saturday - Boo lost his game :( , but he had a good time and a surprisingly good attitude about striking out twice. After the game, The Hunny and my Mom took Bud and Boo to the flea market, which is their all time favorite place. They each got to blow 5 bucks and ate ice cream and pizza for lunch. It's kinda a thing we do.

I soooo shoulda gone with them instead.... But, nooooo. I got to ride halfway into Atlanta traffic on a Saturday and get LOST cause the Zilla sister (thanks to Lori for the shortened nic) just "knew" we were going the right way. Then, when we finally got there, I got to try on the only dress in the entire store that was anywhere near my size. It was a 28. It zipped up (Me=SHOCK). But, it was way too big in the boobs (I do not have any), and to tight in the waist(well, where my waist would be if I had one). It didn't really matter anyway since they didn't have any dresses in the colors we were looking for.

Then, the Zilla sister decided we were eating lunch at Waffle House. Great....NOT! (I had an omelet, it was the best I could do) I could have wrung her neck by this point. Then she whines because she wants us to sit at a booth (there are 6 of us - DUH!). So we sit at the counter. Then she is totally rude and snotty to the waitress and THEN she pitches a hissy fit about her bill, which was accurate even though she is still whining about it.

Then, on the way home, just to top it off, while she thought everyone else was asleep in the van, she brought up to the BFF that since she was getting married first, she could be the BFF's Matron of Honor and that the Matron of Honor should be first in the processional. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!.

It's all good, The BFF and I knew this would happen, that's why I am her Maid of Honor, because the Zilla sister turns everything into "All about ME". The BFF kindly explained to her that that would totally throw off the color scheme of the dresses so she was stuck with second. I really couldn't care less. I am honored to be part of it even if all I get to do is hold her train, but she deserves more from the Zilla sister, and it pisses me off that she lets her treat her like this. Food was so-so, but acceptable, and after all that crap, I didn't get anywhere near the bike.



Sunday - We went to Blockbuster, rented some movies that I won't watch (horror). Went to Wal-Mart to get Bud's eyeglasses adjusted (Ten year olds are HELL on frames), and thats pretty much it. The Hunny took the boys out and played catch for a while, just a typical Sunday for us when the boys are here. It's kinda their day.

My dad called and begged me to come rescue him. Apparently he has just discovered that no one sells movies on VHS anymore. Don't ask me how he JUST figured it out, thats how often he gets out apparently. But, he bought a DVD player and had practically driven himself insane trying to hook it up so he could watch the Buck Rogers in the 25th century DVD set he got. I promised to go Monday morning and help.

Food was OK. Regrettably, I avoided the bike again. Two days in a row is not good. By the time I thought about it, it was wayyy to late and I was already on my way to bed.



Monday - Well, I went to Dad's today, and the DVD crisis has been averted. I spent a few hours over there even after we were done. He was sober, which was nice. He really wants to see Boo. I told him I'd take him Wednesday after school. As long as he's willing to be sober, I really can't justify denying him. When I left there, I grabbed Boo off the bus and headed to the Zilla sisters house. Yes, you read that right, I went...almost willingly. She just bought a new computer and has no freaking clue how to use it, so The BFF and I went over there to try and help her out. She was actually tolerable, although I have never seen a baby cry as much as hers does. I'm not judging, just stating a fact. It was kind of nerve wracking. I guess I was lucky cause Boo was a happy baby most of the time. Boo and I left there and went to his ball practice, and then came home. Food was good today, and I got back on the bike and did 20 mins.

Thanks for reading
Bean

3 comments:

Twix said...

Hey! Give yourself credit!!! You did get on that bike! And you did give it a 20 minute whirl!!! That's something! Right!? One little step at a time. Eventually it will become bigger and bigger steps. Until you can't believe all that you are accomplishing! It just takes time! And you must give yourself credit! I think you did awesome to get on that bike! What crap you have been through!!Yuk!! Keep moving forward! :D

Lori G. said...

Really, I agree with Twix. Weekends are hard. I'm lucky because it's only ME and MY schedule.

You handled the Zilla Sister well (I'm glad I could help you with a nickname!). Waffle House? You poor thing. I don't even like waffles so I'd really be screwed.

I'm really happy about the dress. You can get the bust taken in. Keep riding the bike. It's not fun, I know, but bit by bit, and inch by inch, you will see improvements.

Chubby Chick said...

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering how your weekend went!

Wow... sounds like the Zilla Sister is one scary chick. lol

Hope you have a great week! :)